Hot chocolate brings back so many memories, it was always such a treat after coming in from an afternoon of playing in auburn leaves and crisp air. Being a kid was really the best, however palates are now a bit more refined. You won't be missed Swiss Miss. Here is to our childhood and good chocolate!
- 4 squares of dark chocolate, preferably 70%
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Sugar (can sub brown sugar or cane sugar but the glycemic index will go up a bit)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Cup milk of choice
- Break chocolate into small pieces.
- In a small saucepan, heat milk over medium heat.
- When milk starts to create small bubbles reduce heat to low. Add chocolate, sugar and vanilla, wisk until all ingredients have dissolved.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon to serve.